ECB Financial Stability Review, May 2022
MAY 10, 2022
The European Central Bank (ECB) has published the Financial Stability Review, May 2022.
Overview: Financial market and macroeconomic conditions in the EU have deteriorated and/or show signs of further deterioration:
- Energy and commodity price shock increase risks to economic growth, inflation and financial conditions in the euro area and globally.
- Higher financial market volatility underscores risks of sharp corrections.
- Euro area sovereigns, corporates and households face higher interest rates and cost pressures that could test debt servicing capabilities substantially, notably for the more highly indebted entities.
- Banks see increased credit risk and a weaker profit outlook.
ECB Financial Stability Review, May 2022 Download PDF or View Online.
- ECB Macroeconomic projections (June 2022). The euro area Macroeconomic projections aim to understand the future state of the economy on a broad scale. These projections include information related to economic growth, inflation, wages, unemployment and trade.
- Spring 2022 Economic Forecast (16 May 2022). The European Commission has reviewed downwards the EU’s growth outlook, and the forecast for inflation upwards.
- WORLD ECONOMIC OUTLOOK APRIL 2022, published by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) showing world economic projections for a broad range of macroeconomic indicators.