- Closing date:
- Job code:
- Date posted:
- Pensions, Trusts and CSPs
Authorisation is responsible for the processing of licensing applications of entities carrying out activities in the banking, securities, insurance and pensions, trusts and Corporate Service Providers sectors. These activities are regulated and supervised by the MFSA in its role as single regulator of financial services in Malta.
Authorisation is the entry point for a financial services institution to operate in Malta. The Authorisation section is a multidisciplinary team consisting of professionals from different backgrounds and reviews an applicants’ business plan, funding sources, and persons in a position to exercise control on a given organisation. Licences issued in Malta can be used through passporting mechanisms to operate within European jurisdictions. In addition to issuing of licences, the section is responsible for processing passporting notifications under the relevant EU/EEA Directives. The section is also responsible for the processing of applications concerning change in control and change in approved persons’ suitability of persons under the various regulatory requirements.
The Senior Manager (Pensions, Trusts and CSPs) will:
- Lead a team dealing with applications in relation to Pensions, Trusts and Trustees and Company Service Providers including the Highly Qualified Persons and Qualified Persons regime;
- Have a thorough practical knowledge in the Regulatory Framework applicable to the Retirement Pensions, Trusts and Trustees and Company Services Providers;
- Conduct second reviews of applications for the issue of licences;
- Provide general guidance to members of staff within the team and act as a reference point to the team handling the reviews of application;
- Work across functions with peers in other Units to ensure collaboration for shared goals;
- Facilitate goal-level creation for the team and cascade it to all workers with particular focus on prioritizing work flow and meeting deadlines;
- Act as a point of liaison with applicants and stakeholders;
- Lead meetings with potential applicants;
- Participate in ‘ad hoc’ assignments related to specific issues that arise from time to time.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in a financial services area which may be considered as relevant to this post.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working in a related area. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least seven (15) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply
or query for further information
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to [email protected]
Other important information
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.mt.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.