- Closing date:
- Job code:
- Date posted:
The eventual appointee will be expected to have proven track record in successful and timely delivery of tasks within a broad project scope and needs to work within tight deadline, be able to multi-task and ready to work flexible hours according to the needs.
- Offer assistance to the Chief Officer Supervision the day-to-day management;
- Assist in the development of business management goals and objectives related to the supervisory offices of the Authority;
- Assist in the design and implementation of business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals of the supervisory offices of the Authority;
- Take active part in ensuring that the Authority has the adequate and suitable resources in the supervisory offices to complete its activities;
- Take an active role in reviewing current operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in the processes currently being applied across the supervisory offices;
- Represent the Chief Officer Supervision in projects and meetings, as delegated;
- Recording meeting discussions and eventual follow ups on action points and deliverables as required with management and other supervisory delegates;
- Complete projects by assigning work to other supervisory staff at the MFSA, following up on results;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Law or in another widely recognised professional financial services qualification. Knowledge of the financial services regulation would be considered an asset.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of eight (8) years working experience in the financial services. Candidates with longer working experience relevant to the role will be preferred.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a related area, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply
or query for further information
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to [email protected]
Other important information
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.mt.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.