- Closing date:
- Job code:
- Date posted:
- Investment Firms
About Conduct Supervision
Conduct Supervisory section is responsible for the setting up and implementation of the regulatory framework aiming to secure appropriate consumer protection in operations of licence holders in the financial services industry. The Conduct Supervisory section is a relatively newly-formed team which currently employs 25 persons and is projecting growth as it is gradually assuming a cross-sectorial function covering under its remit supervision in conduct of credit institutions, banks, securities, trustees, company service providers, as well as insurance and pensions.
You will form part of the Investment Services Conduct Supervision Team and you will be expected to:
- Lead and participate in the on-site inspections of investment services licence holder;
- Assessing on a systemic basis the business operations and strategy of investment services licence holders to ensure that the interests of consumers is at the heart of the way the business is run;
- Assist in the planning of the yearly schedule of on-site inspections and thematic reviews as necessary;
- Lead and participate in the any thematic reviews undertaken at investment services licence holders;
- Work closely with the section’s Risk Assessment Team tasked with analysing emerging risks and trends in the operation of regulated persons;
- Participate in the analysis of data and intelligence received from the section’s Risk Assessment team and other sources to help identify the biggest risks and prioritise the work of the Conduct Supervisory;
- Represent the MFSA in engagement with internal and external stakeholders as necessary, including representation on any Standing Committees/Working Groups;
- Mentor other junior analysts in the carrying out of their respective duties;
- Handle planned or reactive investment services licence holders’ conduct issues that arise on a day to day basis;
- Exercise supervisory judgement in handling cases, challenging licence holders on consumer protection issues and ensure that such issues are dealt with expeditiously;
- Take decisions and act on your own in line with delegated authority and escalate issues outside your remit and area of responsibility;
- Provide input and recommendations to the other Supervisory teams within the Conduct Supervisory as may be necessary;
- Assume responsibility for the management and development of direct reports;
- Carry out any duties relating to conduct of business supervision in other areas of financial services;
- Undertake any other tasks as delegated by senior management in line with the exigencies of the function.
We are looking for candidates with solid academic background in Accountancy, Banking & Finance and Law or in another finance related background.
The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognised professional qualification at a comparable level.
You will also possess a minimum of five (5) years working in financial services.
If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply
or query for further information
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application to [email protected]
Other important information
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates.
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website on www.ncfhe.org.mt under MQRIC heading.
The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta) and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage www.mfsa.mt.
Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate’s appointment liable to termination.