The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team and will be expected to provide efficient and professional advice on policy-related matters and contribute to the various duties that are undertaken by Banking Supervision, including the following tasks as necessary:
- Managing and mentoring analysts within the team and contributing towards a broad range of responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Providing, reviewing and overseeing work on policy stances on regulatory issues;
- Assisting and overseeing the development and drafting of regulatory amendments;
- Assisting and overseeing the transposition of any relevant EU Directives and the implementation of EBA Guidelines and regulatory technical standards;
- Participating, reviewing and overseeing the development of procedures.
- Attending and participating in local and overseas training, meetings and working groups, particularly those relating to the EBA, ECB, ESRB and BIS and other European regulatory bodies, and providing input as required;
- Coordinating and attending to stakeholders' questions related to the supervision and regulation of credit and financial institutions;
- Contributing towards ensuring that the Authority fulfils its obligations and the regulatory requirements emanating from EU regulations and directives as well as any applicable local legislation;
- To liaise with Senior Management as required to achieve the objectives of the function, including contributing to departmental priorities outside of own area of responsibility;
- To deputise for the line manager where and as required;
- Other ad hoc related duties as may be required by Senior Management of the function from time to time and to report on the outcome of such assignments as may be appropriate and necessary.