As Head of Communications you will be responsible to:
• Lead the Communications Team, allocating appropriate talent and resources in all communications initiatives to ensure successful achievement of targets.
• Develop annual strategic internal and external communication plans, in line with the Authority's strategy and objectives.
• Collaborate with the rest of the Senior Leadership Team across the whole organisation to support the achievement of business goals and the coordination of business events.
• Take the role of spokesperson for the organisation as may be required, and deal with all media.
• Act as Brand Champion for the Authority, developing its brand in line with its strategy.
• Regularly assess the effectiveness of the organisation's communication channels, identifying and implementing improvement opportunities as necessary.
• Liaise with the Press Office of other local or overseas supervisory and regulatory bodies as may be required.
• Manage, monitor and forecast communications budget (digital media platforms, press, publications, events).
• Drive digital media strategy, including social media platforms, and supporting social media activities.
• Oversee the production of publications, including the MFSA Annual Report presented to the House of Representatives.
• Collaborate with the People & Culture function to support recruitment effort from a communications perspective, and co-develop employer branding.
• Oversee the ongoing development of the Authority's website and intranet from a web usability, content strategy and content quality perspective.
• Contribute to content building and management to be used on portals, online/printed media channels.
• Manage the relationship with external media consultants appointed by the organisation from time to time.
• Take responsibility for media campaigns, including consumer education.
• Any other duties described above may change depending on the exigencies of the Authority.